Monday 24 September 2012

My Trampolining

I am a member of Supersonic Trampoline Club, one of the best trampoline clubs in Ireland. I used to train from 6-7pm on wednesday evenings with my friend Josh. I have recently moved to a different class where I will train on mondays from 7-8pm with my friend Sadbh. Her blog on gymnastics is here. I have only competed in one competition to date, and I won a gold medal in my category.

My favourite part of trampolining is the high bounce competition. In high bounce competitions, each competitor is timed on how long they spend in the air over 10 bounces. The higher they bounce, the longer their time is. My record for high bounce is 19.09 seconds, and I achieved this in a summer camp run by supersonic. My coach, Pauric, has achieved a high bounce time of 22.36 seconds. The world record high bounce time is over 26 seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment